A blocked macerator is a nuisance and an inconvenience but you can try repairing your blocked macerator using this guide below.
Please be aware that safety precautions must be followed and if you are in any doubt please call us for advice on 0800 024 6188
Blocked Saniflo Macerator Troubleshooting
- Put on protective rubber gloves and a mask.
- Cover any part of your body that may come into contact with solid waste.
- Unplug the power supply to your blocked Saniflo macerator.
- Turn the lever near the back of the toilet tank to stop the water flow.
- Bailout as much of the water in the toilet tank as you can.
- Place a bucket underneath the pipe running from the top of the Saniflo macerator.
- Loosen the pipes with a wrench, allowing the residual water to drain into the bucket.
- Remove the pipes after they have drained completely.
- Clear any blockage from the inside of the pipe using warm water or a plumbing snake.
- Unscrew the screws at the base of the Saniflo macerator.
- Pinch the two ends of the metal clip on the connector between the Saniflo macerator and the toilet to loosen it.
- Pull the Saniflo macerator free from the back of the toilet.
- Some remaining water may spill out. Mop it up with towels as necessary.
- Clear any blockage from the connector in the back of the toilet. Flush it with warm water.
- Clear blockage from the hole in the Saniflo macerator unit where waste enters the macerator.
- Flush with warm water.
- Reassemble the Saniflo macerator unit and pipes.
- Turn the water flow back on and plug the power source back in.
- Wait until the toilet tank fills with water before attempting to flush.
If your problem is still not resolved then give us a call on 0800 024 6188 and a specially-trained Saniflo engineer can be with you within 2 hours
We specialize in:
- Grundfos macerators
- Lomac macerators
- Saniflo macerators
We carry macerator spare parts as well as replacement macerator units so we can have you up and running today. Using our many years of experience we will safely remove all waste and re-sanitize the problem area.
Speak to one of our friendly professional Saniflo engineers on 0800 024 6188 to arrange a fixed price Saniflo repair.